In this advanced course, Ana will guide you through massage techniques that can help the stress that may accompany pregnancy, female infertility, mental health, and pain and discomfort during the prenatal and perinatal phases. Ana will build on the basic concepts of pregnancy and massage styles that are effective during this time. Together you will examine the associated myths around pregnancy to answer the question, is massage safe during pregnancy? Ana will help you develop your skills to create evidence-informed therapy session plans and how to communicate effectively with your pregnant clients’ healthcare providers. You will learn how pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period affect women. By the end of the class you will understand the problems that may occur and the appropriate massage techniques for each phase pregnancy. With the knowledge gained from this class you will be able to recognize contraindications and specific needs for those with high-risk pregnancies.
When you finish this course, you will be able to do the follow:
- Describe how massage therapy can address the needs of pregnant women.
- Perform modified massage techniques to meet the needs of prenatal, pregnant, and postpartum women.
- Identify the stages of pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period.
- Recognize contraindications of massage therapy for pregnancy and the needs for those with high-risk pregnancies.
- Support your clients through all stages of pregnancy
- Debunk myths concerning pregnancy and massage
- Implement safe therapeutic practices for your pregnant clients
- Improve your clients’ outcomes, by integrating relevant evidence-based knowledge.