Hi, I’m Maria Farfan M.A., LMT
I am a dedicated student and teacher of ancestral healing practices and expanded states of consciousness. I have been on the path of holistic healing and therapies since 2002 at age 15 in Colombia, my home country. Since then, I have trained in different therapeutic modalities such as plant medicine, transpersonal psychology, indigenous shamanism in the Americas, Thai massage and Asian healing, Hatha and Kundalini yoga, and Andean energy medicine.
I’m devoted to the cultivation of traditional healing practices through the use of plant teachers, therapeutic touch, and self-awareness. This fascination for the intersections of body, mind, and spirit has guided me on the path of self-inquiry and has inspired me to practice with discipline as a vehicle for growing love and compassion for all sentient beings.
Since I began teaching yoga and Thai massage in 2013, my passion has been to share the healing tools that have been shared with me and to empower and accompany my students on their self-discovery journey.
- Psychedelic Assisted Psychotherapy Certification with Integrative Psychiatry Institute in Boulder, CO in process.
- Transpersonal Life Coaching at The Graduate Institute in Bethany, CT
- M.A in Transpersonal Psychology and Consciousness Studies at The Graduate Institute, CT
- B.A in Anthropology and Philosophy from the University of North Florida
- Licensed Massage Therapist from FSM in Gainesville, FL
- NCBTMB CEU approved provider #1113
- Kundalini Yoga 220 hrs as taught by Yogi Bhajan
- Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga TT 300+ hrs in Colombia and Peru through the Inbound School of Yoga.
- Thai massage training in Gainesville, FL and Chiang Mai, Thailand (various schools)
I have spent time in Costa Rica, the United States, Peru and Colombia as a massage instructor and yoga teacher trainer where I have led several massage certification retreats and yoga teacher trainings through Inbound Yoga. I have traveled to Thailand to further my studies in Thai massage at the Sunshine Network School and TMC, and have spent time with recognized massage masters like Kam Thye Chow and Pichest. I thoroughly enjoy studying Hinduism, Buddhism, and indigenous wisdom from different cultures.
Besides all the studying I whole-heartedly enjoys singing, laughing, acrobatic yoga, martial arts, warrior yoga, traveling co-creating healing spaces and facilitating ritual and ceremonial work for others and sharing compassion and wisdom with those around me.
Provider numbers: NCBTMB number is #1113
“Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside, awakens” -C.G. Jung