Roger Jahnke, OMD, has dedicated his life to sharing the powerful ancient healing traditions of China. With over two decades of clinical practice as a physician of Traditional Chinese Medicine and eight research tours to China, Dr. Jahnke has practiced and taught Qigong in the United States, Canada, and Asia. He has studied hundreds of forms of Qigong with master teachers and visited over twenty hospitals, institutes and training centers in China, focusing on the cultivation of Qi, vital energy.
Dr. Jahnke has presented at major conferences on advances in alternative and complementary medicine in New York, Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco and San Diego. He has lectured on self healing and alternative medicine to numerous hospital systems and health care associations, including the HealthCare Forum, the Catholic Health Association, the American Medical Association, and the American College of Healthcare Executives.
He has presented numerous lectures to America’s clearinghouse for Qigong information, the Qigong Institute. His workshops at retreat centers like Esalen, Omega Institute, and Kripalu have inspired health care professionals and citizens throughout the United States, Canada, and Asia, with the simple yet amazing truth: the most profound medicine is produced within, through an interaction of physiology, mind and spirit.
Articles written by Dr. Jahnke have appeared in numerous professional journals including Qigong and Science published in Guangzhou, China, Journal of the Healthcare Forum and Qi–Journal of Eastern Health and Fitness, and The Empty Vessel: Journal of Contemporary Taoism. He has been a correspondent on the internet regarding innovation in health care through HealthWorld, HealthOnline and the Natural Healing Forum of Compuserve. He has published a popular Qigong instruction video, Awakening and Mastering the Medicine Within You. He is co-author of the Qigong chapter in the ground breaking book Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide.
Dr. Jahnke’s first book. The Healer Within: The Four Essential Self-Care Methods For Creating Optimal Health, published by Harper San Francisco in 1997, delivered the Qigong and Taiji revolution to a broad and general audience in the Americas and the European community. In 2002, Roger’s second book, The Healing Promise of Qi, published by Contemporary Books, a division of McGraw-Hill, distills the best and most important lessons gleaned from master Qigong teachers, with guidelines for tailoring a self-healing regimen for any age or medical condition.
- 2003 The Healer Within Foundation
- 2000 Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi
- 1996 National Qigong Association (NQA*USA)
- 1992 Institute of Self Initiated Healing
- 1987 Self-Applied Health Enhancement Methods Project
- 1991 The Free Health Care Project
- 1985 Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Association
- 1980 Ohio Health Network
- 1979 Ohio Chapter of the American Massage and Therapy Association
- 1978 Wellness Coalition
- 1977 Lay Practitioner’s Council
- 1972 White Oak Learning Foundation
- Director and Chief of Staff of Health Action Clinic
- Director of the Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi
- Director of the Qigong Department at the Santa Barbara College of Oriental Medicine
- California State Board Certified Practitioner of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Diplomate of the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists And Herbalists
- Founding Board Member National Qigong Association
- Member, California Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Member, American Association of Oriental Medicine
- Member, Advisory Council of the Qigong Institute
- Member, World Association of Medical Qigong
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Certified Practitioner, American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia
- Member, Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology